Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 3 - Early morning workout, BBQ for dinner

Today was the first day I got up bright and early to do the workout, and it is definitely the way forward.  I have not been up that early (for anything not baby-related anyway) in a long, long time.  5:45am alarm, a couple of snoozes, some dilly-dallying, and off to the gym by 6:15.  It felt great not necessarily to "get it over with" per se, but just to start the day by being so productive.  Even though we're still in the very early stages, doing the workout that early gives me a sense of accomplishment, and I suspect it will every day that I make it the first thing I do.  Plus the jump rope was a lot smoother, I managed 4 of 5 sets straight through so I think it will all come together soon.  That said I am simultaneously both intrigued by, and fearing, the Day 7 500 jumps.  Like playing my brainiac cousin in Facebook scrabble, I know I might lose but I embrace the challenge.

Since this started, I have tried to eat not just halfsies but also healthy - salads and whatnot.  But tonight I think there will definitely be half a cheeseburger with my name on it as I head over to my buddy's BBQ.  

One thing I have noticed early on is how involved and committed PCPers past & present are in commenting & offering tips and encouragement.  And I've gotta say, it's awesome.  Thanks for the support.

To Block, McElwain, and anyone else on the road - stay strong!

1 comment: