Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 76 - final indulgence planned

It will be Thursday night, Day 79.  My softball league has a handful of "league nights" at the various sponsors during the year, and this Thursday there happens to be one, at my team's own sponsor (McSorley's Ale House in SoHo, Hong Kong).  So I need to show up & represent.  I'll make the final call once I get there after work on Thursday and peruse the menu, but I'm thinking bacon cheeseburger, fries, diet coke.  Maybe that's a shade under 1000 calories but it'll have to do.

Not much else to report.  I was a pretty good boy on Thanksgiving, had an obligatory slice of pumpkin pie with a dab of whipped cream on Saturday afternoon.  It wasn't even a slice, more like a sliver.  Very very small, and then I went home and ran for an hour on the treadmill (10.75k), and did the workout.  Workouts are going pretty well, though I hit failure all the time on all kinds of things.  I mean there are a number of exercises on which I have not once, during the entire program, not gone to failure on.  Pull-ups, chest dips, push-ups, davinci, v-sits, plank, etc.  I am of course making progress in getting stronger, but perhaps more importantly I'm making progress in accepting failure as success.  It still frustrates me sometimes, and I think I could probably do this week's exercises for another straight month before being able to actually do them all, but as long as I keep seeing results it's all good.

On top of the usual workouts, I am hoping to get two or three 8-10k runs in per week in the mornings for the next 2 weeks, in a last ditch effort to lose as much gut fat as possible.  That lower gut, below the belly button, is just incredibly stubborn.  I'm not going to go off message too much (will certainly keep eating all the food), but anything else I could be doing for this homestretch to maximize those Day 90 photos?

3 comments:

  1. Have a good indulgence. Will be interesting to see what happens to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DONT DO IT! NOT THE CHEEZY GREASY BURGER!!!

    NOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete