Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 55, when's our next indulgence?

I think I'm climbing out of the valley.  The return to normalcy on Saturday night - that is to say, the civilized dinner out with another couple - was really nice, and I think helped my mood.

We went to a place called Cafe Causette, a pretty casual joint in the Mandarin Oriental hotel.  It has a huuuuge menu of various Western & Asian dishes and all of them are delicious.  I really like that place actually.  Akane and I split a smoked salmon caesar salad, which also had anchovies and bits of bacon in it.  Nothing tasted particularly salty or strange, just delicious.  Then I couldn't quite decide between the Indian chicken curry and the Reuben, which comes with french fries (oooh, fries!) but in the end, went curry.  I would like to have tried the fries as a taste experiment, but I didn't regret my decision. It was heaven on a plate.  I wish I'd taken pictures like McElwain but perhaps it's for the best that I didn't; no doubt I'd be staring wistfully at them now.  But anyway, great night out.  I think generally speaking I didn't go too unhealthy, and as a result none of the stuff left me thinking "Oh that was so fatty/salty/oily/whatever" ...it just left me extremely, blissfully full.  High five.

In other news, I did what could reasonably be considered 6 straight pull-ups today.  That beats my previous record by 20%.  Okay, busted by the math majors, yes, that's only 1 extra pull-up...20% just sounded better.  Anyway, it's progress.

Uploaded some new pics to My Friend Flickr, looks like I forgot to do any last week, so first picture update in 2 weeks.  I notice what appears to be more muscle in my upper back, and I look thicker around the upper chest/shoulders.  Cool.  My main points of concern are my lower gut fat & love handles, which don't seem to want to go anywhere.

2 comments:

  1. I just now noticed the title of this post. Funny. Bill, you are looking RIPPED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fries are SO good...haven't had curry in a long time, hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete