Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 41, chugging along

Been a while since I posted, since a couple days before we started the pistol squats, by the looks of things.  Let me say that while I have naturally found various parts of this 41 days of exercise harder than others, nothing has left me as sore as the pistol squats.  I feel those like nothing else for some reason...a little in the glute but mostly on the top of my quads.  We're not even doing that many of them but they are really hitting me.  After about a week of doing the pistol squats (and a crapload of creeps & floor jumps) I have noticed some legit upper leg muscle build.  So, sweet.  But holy cow have my quads been sore, almost all week.


Speaking of "all week", I was thinking it may seem strange to use that phrase on a Monday, but I think PCP has got to be more successful as a result of being staggered with the actual calendar week.  It keeps both fresh for me.


Crazy to think that this Friday will be the halfway point.  Am I halfway to where I want to be?  Does it matter?  I appreciate that this has never really been a linear path, nor has there ever been a fixed destination.  But I do find myself wondering what I will look like when it's all said and done.  For now, I look like the new pics.  Trying to stay consistent with the weekly Monday night post-workout picture updates.


I still can't get out of bed early enough to do the full workouts in the morning, and I really don't want to break it up and be in the gym twice a day.  So, goal for the next couple of weeks: force myself to get up early a couple days in a row, get into a routine, and get to bed much earlier so as to be able to continue the routine.  I've typically been doing the workouts when I get home from work around 645ish, so 7-815pm, eat dinner around 9, evening veggie snack around 10, bed around 1130pm.  Everything is just happening too late at the moment.  I want to eat dinner when I get home, evening snack around 830-845, in bed by 10pm.  Ooooh, bed at 10pm, that would be really sweet.  



5 comments:

  1. It's funny that you say that - I've starting thinking of my 7-day week in terms of "PCP"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you follow the current progression from your photos, you're gonna be/look jacked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah man, there's nothing better than an entire day knowing your workout is already in the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously man, you might be whiter than me...why do you think I am making my photos black and white!? I see a hint of abs coming in there, not that I am looking that hard

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice progress! you and fish will look great holding hands on the beach...

    ReplyDelete