Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 27 - Indulgence, what a non-event

I really didn't want to do my indulgence.  I just felt like it was going to be a step back, with no real upside.  But Jasper convinced me it was an important part of the process, so I caved in and did it.  I went with half a slice of blueberry cheesecake from Starbucks, with a coffee...they didn't have the calorie #'s for me there, so after I bought it I googled and got results ranging from 500~700+, so I split it in half and shared with a co-worker.  I guess there was some upside after all: it was creamy and delicious.  I didn't find it too sugary, or too anything else for that matter, not even too small, as I didn't feel like I wanted any more.  It was nice to eat it, I guess, but really what a non-event.  Zzz and hmmph.  I kind of wanted my body or my taste buds to have some kind of unexpected reaction, but nope.  Of course I'm writing this within 10 minutes of eating it so I reserve the right to edit this post if I'm hunched over a toilet or bouncing off the walls in half an hour.

In other news, new leg exercises: not fun. I don't mind the plank or the v-sit, they are hard but worth it I think.  Plank is a lot harder than I thought it would be, and I am worried about when we go longer than 30 seconds with that badboy, but I'm ok with it.  The floor jumps and the creeps...just not fun at all.  Part of the reason I'm hating them is that I did something to my knee on Saturday.  It felt fine during softball, and fine during the workout afterwards.  But about an hour or so later it really started bothering me, and was worse yesterday and worse yet today.  Doesn't hurt while jumping rope, but getting into creep position and keeping down there was pretty painful.  Anxious to see how it is with just going back to normal squats tonight.  If it keeps up I may be asking Patrick for some alternative leg exercises.

8 comments:

  1. I can verify the halv-sies and the unwillingness to indulge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the creep really hard on my knees as well! Interesting that you had all these thoughts about 1/2 a piece of cheesecake. Two months ago you might have eaten the whole piece without blinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...without blinking or possibly without even breathing between bites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the plank and the v-sit are OK? R U CRAZY? I find my self screaming like a little girl during them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a similar issue with my foot, fine when doing the exercises but hurts a lot during rest periods...the way I figure it, you may not be able to walk right ever again, but at least you'll have a six pack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its funny how watching 20 seconds of rest between sets ticks off at a much faster pace than 30 in the plank position. Hope the knee is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Remember this blah feeling you had after indulging the next time your mind sends out some cravings for this or that. It's just not that good!

    ReplyDelete