Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 34, I am sore

Great weekend.  We got our butts handed to us on the softball field on Saturday but it was a fun day anyway.  I snuck an extra banana in between the 2 games I played in addition to my morning fruit.  I felt like I needed the energy and reasoned that 2 games is not part of my daily, or even on average, weekly schedule so I didn't feel guilty about that at all.  I did the workout after I got home, and it turns out that 2 softball games + the hard Saturday workout = a very sore Sunday.  Sunday was probably the most sore I've been since this thing began.  Quick note before I post a picture from the highlight of the weekend: Saturday I set a personal best with the jump rope, going 950+ without a single trip up.  Then Sunday I smashed it, 1170-something no trip ups, buh-BAM!  Feeling pretty consistent with that now.  Not ready for any tricks or even for alternating feet or anything yet but it's feeling good.  Speaking of feeling good, I've kind of been in the doldrums lately, depressed by not being able to eat all the good food I'm surround by, and by not losing any further weight this week despite the reduced dinner, etc...but I uploaded some new pictures to the ol' Flickr tonight, and happened to look back at Day 1...holy crap I've come a long way.  So, renewed focus on staying the course.

Sunday as you know was my daughter Maya's first birthday.  She wasn't actually feeling too great and crapped herself even more than usual, but hey that's how it goes sometimes.  She also had a whole lot of fun on her birthday though, and all the smiles reminded me of why I'm working so hard in this project.  I want to be the best father I possibly can be for her.



Happy Birthday Maya.  I love you.


6 comments:

  1. On those days your sore be sure to get enough sleep the next night. Sleep is repair time! Your weight shouldn't be going down with the muscle you're putting on, so don't let a number get you down. Comparing pictures is a much better way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. belated happy b-day to maya dude. she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty impressive on the jump rope man, I think I have maxed out at just north of 500 in one go. Maya is looking good, keep her away from Bradon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude you look GOOD! Fur real.

    I would do you.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Slick Willy! I had no idea that you and JBlo started PCP. Keep up the hard work man...I'm thinking myself that it's about time to commit to it...

    Happy 1st BDay to Maya...little T just hit his 1.5 year mark as well, damn they grow fast, I guess we better be sure that we're around long enough to enjoy the view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man looked at your flicker not far off from the 6 pacK!!! keep it up dude! I first have to lose the keg but Im in 6 pack land someday soon!! Man your daughter is a cutey!!

    ReplyDelete